RFID – for fast, accurate management information
The latest RFID (radio frequency identification) technology captures information electronically and stores it on a transponder (or tag). This fast and efficient system is ideal for excellent security of your assets, for remote monitoring of mobile and fixed assets, for test and inspection and inventory control and more.
What is RFID?
RFID, in simple terms, can be considered an electronic barcode. It is used where barcodes are not practical due to the environment or where they cannot be read due to line of sight difficulties. It speeds up processes and eliminates human error and is used across a range of industries.
Why choose RFID?
- Quick location and identification of equipment
- Accurate audit and asset control
- Can withstand harsh environments
- Indisputable evidence of health and safety compliance
- Saves on labour as multiple tags can be read in one swipe
- Has been endorsed by the UK Department of Trade and Industry.
The transponders for use on your products are supplied ‘read-only’. A ‘read-only’ (passive) transponder is an electronic barcode carrying a unique number that can be used as an identifier. It is ideal for establishing access control and a useful theft deterrent. Passive transponders can read through metal and concrete.
In collaboration with our partners we are able to offer you a full range of RFID:
- LF (Low frequency) – which is trusted for test and inspection. It is highly robust and well established and is ideal in a wide range of industries
- HF (High Frequency) – this is an increasingly popular frequency that is currently used in off shore environments.
If you would like to discuss how Ritchey-ID can help supply your RFID solutions, please contact us with any questions or for a no obligation consultation.
To see more of the Ritchey-ID RFID range click the image below…