In the event of an order being shipped to a foreign country we need to observe the export terms and conditions of carriage. These include the weight and dimensions of the package and a number of other details. We will contact you and advise costs and charges associated with the delivery.
• Items ordered via Ritchey ID may be returned for a refund to us within 14 days of receipt.
• Items must be returned in a saleable condition (original packaging and unused).
• A 10% administration and handling charge will be deducted and carriage can not be reimbursed.
• Bespoke items; such as printed tags are non-refundable.
• If you believe the goods have been produced differently to the way they were ordered we request that you contact our customer service team on (01765) 689 541, where they will be happy to look into this for you.
• To arrange a return please contact our customer service team on (01207) 523140, who will issue you with a returns code.
• Please send all returns to:
Allflex UK Group Ltd
1 Greencroft Industrial Park
• The goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure they are well packed and cannot be damaged in transit.
• All returns will be inspected upon receipt.
Last updated 1st May 2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Cookies enable us to ‘know’ if you have visited our site before, and recall some of the preferences you have set in past visits, in order that we may make your visit more productive.
Most web browsers have cookies enabled by default, but please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed instructions on editing or deleting cookies.
Please note that cookies do not harm your computer and we do not store any personally identifiable information in the cookies we create.
We use a web analytics tool (Google Analytics) to analyse site usage in order to improve our website. The cookies set by Google Analytics collect data including, how our users arrive at our site, which pages they visit, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc. However, this analytics data does not contain any personally identifiable information.
If you choose to share Allflex UK Group web content with friends via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, or access embedded video content on YouTube you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with the usage of cookies on our website. If you do not want cookies to be set on your computer, you should either not use this site, delete Allflex UK Group cookies having visited the site, or browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari).
How do I manage my cookie settings?
Most web browsers have cookies enabled by default, but if you would like to edit your cookie settings or delete cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed instructions.
1. Allflex UK Group Ltd, trading as Allflex UK Group Ltd, complies with the principles of the GDPR Regulations and Data Protection Act 1998 when dealing with all data received from visitors to the site.
2. We only hold the data necessary to offer services related to the sale of products.
3. Data is only used for the purposes described in our entry on the Data Protection Register.
4. We only hold personal data for as long as necessary. Once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our files.
5. For administrative reasons data may be passed to and stored securely with third party service providers located outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
6. We occasionally email website news and information updates to those customers who have specifically subscribed to our email service. All subscription emails sent by us contain clear information on how to unsubscribe from our email service.
7. We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists.
8. We may however share technical data with third party providers (such as Defra for tag registration purposes) to fulfil the customer contract. However, such information will also be subject to our partners’ privacy policies.
9. If you subscribe to our email service via one of our websites, we may wish to send you details via email of other products and services, which may be of interest to you. However when you subscribe directly to our email service you will be asked whether or not you wish to receive such emails.
11. In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, we never send bulk unsolicited emails, (popularly known as Spam) to email addresses.
12. We may send emails to existing customers or prospective customers who have enquired or registered with us, regarding products or services directly provided by us.
13. All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us. All such emails will also include clear instructions on how unsubscribe from our email service and any future emails. Such instructions will either include a link to a page to unsubscribe or a valid email address to which you should reply, with “unsubscribe” as the email subject heading.
You can order online with confidence that your credit card details are secure.
When you get to the payments screen, the lock symbol will appear at the bottom of your web browser indicating that you are on a secure server for entering your credit card details.
The credit card details are held on the secure server until we are ready to dispatch your order, when they are collected and deleted from the secure server.
Your card details are as secure when we collect them as they are when you leave them.
Double click on the lock symbol at the bottom of the web page where you enter your credit card details for more information.
Card data is sent directly to our payment provider – Ritchey-ID do not store any credit card details.
If cookies are not enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you will not be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
To enable cookies
If you are not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option.
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
3. Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
3. Click ‘Save’
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
1. Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
2. Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
3. Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX
1. Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
3. Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
1. Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
3. Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
1. Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
2. Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
3. Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
When you visit Ritchey-id.com you may notice some cookies that are not related to Ritchey-ID. When you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.